Salary: £Not provided
Posted on: 07 Mar 2018
Closing date: 12 Mar 2018
AIM is the not-for-profit trade body that represents the UK independent music industry.
Now in its nineteenth year, AIM acts for most of the independent market, with over 800 members from to the largest and most respected record labels and associated music businesses in the world to self-releasing artists and the next generation of entrepreneurs in music.
We promote and support this exciting and diverse sector globally and provide a range of services and practical help to members, enabling them to grow, grasp new opportunities and break into new markets.
Role: Communications Coordinator
Responsible to: Membership Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, busy and sociable team as the Communications Co-ordinator, supporting the day to day communications and marketing requirements of the organisation.
The Communications Co-ordinator will help develop, promote and communicate AIM’s image, ethos and work to its membership and beyond, liaising with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
Roles and responsibilities
• Assist with the design and implementation of an annual marketing plan
• Manage the company comms schedule
• Craft member communications including website updates (WordPress), social media announcements, newsletter and email newsflashes (Mailchimp), event literature copy and handouts
• Strategically build and engage with social media audiences (FB, Twitter, Insta, LinkedIn)
• Support the team in the run up to key events like Indie-Con, AIM Academy workshops, our AGM
• Support other team members with key comms opportunities to promote AIM and its work
• Monitor industry issues and stories for AIM comment and opinion
• Help prepare reports and presentations on brand using Powerpoint
• Design flyers, gifs, social media cover photos, email signature etc.
• Strategically promote special projects and campaigns
• Assist with member surveys to gain sector knowledge and steer company strategy
• Seek insight-driven PR opportunities
• Achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage
• Build strong relationships externally and internally (members, trade bodies, organisations etc.)
• Opportunities to represent AIM at industry conferences and events
• You might have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications or three to four years’ experience working in those fields
• Outstanding communication skills and copywriting experience are a must as well as a strong interest and/or understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter with a diligent work ethic and a good knowledge of and interest in new music and the independent sector
• You’ll be flexible, quick to adapt and comfortable with working on a host of tasks
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• You’ll possess an eye for design and strong Photoshop skills
• Improving and streamlining processes at work comes naturally to you
• You’ll be keen to share your ideas in team meetings and comfortable receiving feedback
• The successful applicant will find themselves being part of a close-knit and dedicated team with an exciting opportunity to build their knowledge and network.
Location: Chiswick (nearest Tube: Stamford Brook) – Office move to Central London in the planning stages
Salary: Competitive, subject to experience
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: Midnight Monday 12 Mar
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Jude McArdle email@example.com