Digital Marketing & Content Manager
Tru Thoughts (Brighton)
Digital Marketing & Content Manager
Location: East Sussex
Salary: £Up to 10,000
Posted on: 07 Nov 2017
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017
Tru Thoughts is looking to hire a Digital Marketing and Content Manager to work in-house at our office in Brighton.
The candidate should be confident and organised, with a demonstrable passion for the label’s music (and a love of being by the sea). This role will consist of working alongside Project Managers and the Press Department to plan and execute successful campaigns; with a particular focus on online marketing, social media, branding and content creation. The successful candidate will be creating content for artists and the label, and should have experience with video and image editing software, along with a keen enthusiasm for keeping up to date with new digital marketing trends.
Celebrating its eighteenth anniversary this year, Tru Thoughts is a thriving independent label with current and previous acts including Quantic, Alice Russell, Hot 8 Brass Band, Moonchild, Rodney P, Bonobo and Hidden Orchestra.
• Manage the label’s social media platforms; ensuring best practise on content posting, scheduling, ad management and public correspondence.
• Uploading content to various digital platforms including Mixcloud, Soundcloud, Bandcamp and more.
• Managing the label’s YouTube channel. Uploading content and ensuring all information and metadata is correct and in line with best practise.
• In-house graphic design for release campaigns, adverts and artwork.
• Creating and/or editing video content for campaigns (teasers, promo videos, tour announcements, etc).
• Sourcing designers/directors for campaign assets, ensuring the image/brand of a campaign is in line with the artist and label’s creative direction.
• Asset organisation and management.
• Ensuring artists, management, agents and affiliates are kept up to date on release day links, notable statistics and important online developments in a campaign.
• Reporting to the Label, Artist and Management teams during campaigns.
Skills and experience
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Light Room is preferred.
• Experience with video editing software, such as Premiere and/or Final Cut.
• Web design skills preferable, but not essential.
• Experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ad Words and similar marketing tools are preferable.
• General photography skills preferred; for product shots, Instagram content, press images.
• Proven organisation skills, with the ability to multitask.
• Able to adhere to a number of overlapping deadlines and work under pressure.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Friendly and outgoing, with great interpersonal skills.
• Experience with MS Office, and ability to manage a busy email inbox.
• A love of music and a keen interest in how artists and label present that music to fans.
• A demonstrable interest in and understanding of a diverse range of music media, technology and forward-thinking marketing.
• Previous experience in music marketing and social media is preferred, however each candidate will be considered upon their merits and past experiences.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Tru Thoughts Job” in the subject header. Please include any examples of recent work (videos, images, campaigns), where relevant. Start date is flexible, but early December is preferable. Closing date for applications is 8 Nov at 12pm, however we will be checking submissions and organising interviews as soon as applications are received.