Salary: £Not provided
Posted on: 07 Mar 2018
Closing date: 12 Mar 2018
AIM is the not-for-profit trade body that represents the UK independent music industry.
Now in its nineteenth year, AIM acts for most of the independent market, with over 800 members from the largest and most respected record labels and associated music businesses in the world to self-releasing artists and the next generation of entrepreneurs in music.
We promote and support this exciting and diverse sector globally and provide a range of services and practical help to members, enabling them to grow, grasp new opportunities and break into new markets.
Role: Membership Administrator
Responsible to: Membership Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, busy and sociable team as the Membership Administrator, supporting the day to day administrative requirements of the organisation.
The Membership Administrator primarily supports the Membership Manager in running AIM’s process-driven administrative systems and projects but also comes into regular contact with the membership.
Roles and responsibilities
• Support the Membership Manager with the development and implementation of a member engagement plan to continuously build and mobilise the community
• Assist with the development and implementation of plans to maintain and drive membership
• Act as the first point of contact for members and potential members (phone, ‘info’ email inbox)
• Own activities relating to the membership renewal schedule including registrations and cancellations, maintaining spreadsheets, issuing fee invoices, reminders, telephoning late payers etc.
• Assist with the migration over to a new CRM system and website
• Database management, logging member queries, activities, interests, events attended
• Liaise with PPL and Merlin for membership updates to ensure subscription fees are paid correctly
• Run member induction presentations
• Assist with member surveys to gain knowledge, steer company strategy and potentially PR results
• Build strong relationships externally and internally
• Identify new opportunities to pass onto the membership
• Assist in management of international projects and trade missions
• Represent AIM at industry conferences and events
• You will have at least one to two years’ experience working in customer service and/or an administrative role within a professional environment, ideally within the music industry or a membership organisation
• You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter with a diligent work ethic and a good knowledge and interest in the independent music sector
• You’ll be keen to learn and eager to gain knowledge and experience
• You’ll be a stickler for detail with excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Looking at ways to improve and streamline processes comes naturally to you
• Experience working with Apple computers and the full Microsoft Office Suite
• You’ll be keen to share your ideas in team meetings and comfortable receiving feedback
• The successful applicant will find themselves being part of a close-knit and dedicated team with an exciting opportunity to build their knowledge and network.
Location: Chiswick (nearest Tube: Stamford Brook) – Office move to Central London in the planning stages
Salary: Based on experience
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: Midnight Monday 12 Mar
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Jude McArdle email@example.com