MusicTank’s university and college membership is designed to provide its member organisations with secure, privileged access to of-the-minute music industry information that reflects current thinking and practice, affording exclusive access to MusicTank’s content pool, research outputs and event outcomes to benefit both students, staff and researchers.
Membership helps bring UK music business closer to all colleges and universities with relevance reaching beyond those teaching or studying core music subjects. Media, law, computer science, technology and business courses potentially have much to gain from engagement with MusicTank, too.
MusicTank is a rich and comprehensive repository of cross-industry information and business intelligence…from current and archived music business news, through to sector-specific information…from retail, digital, label, publishing, copyright, law and small business support through to marketing, promotion, funding, finance, big data, social media and beyond…
We’re currently offering an introductory offer of £399 for unlimited staff and student access for your institution for one year. Contact us for details.
So What Will You Get?
- Full event transcripts of the entire archive (100+ content rich detailed event summaries, typically 15 – 20 pages)
- Reports and Research – with an increasing involvement in report commissioning, such content will be made freely available to all members, as appropriate including: Remake, Remodel: The Evolution of the Record Label – Tony Wadsworth with Dr. Eamonn Forde; Easy Money? The Definitive UK Guide To Funding Music Projects – Remi Harris; Making Available, Communication To The Public & User Interactivity – Fiona McGugan
- Listen Again Event Audio (since 2012 we’ve moved to video but our archive still remains from our audio recordings)
Discounts on events
- Flat-rate discount on all MusicTank think tank event attendance
- Variable discounts on all other MusicTank events (conferences, half-day events, courses etc). Announced on a per-event basis
- Reduced-price, bespoke events including day and half-day short courses, delivered at your institution
- Other industry event discounts
Try Before You Buy
Download chapter one of ‘Remake, Remodel…The Evolution Of The Record Label’ for FREE, here – an extensive 70-page report by Tony Wadsworth (BPI Chairman & former Chairman & CEO, EMI Music UK & Ireland) with Dr Eamonn Forde. This report draws from the quarter century Tony spent on the front lines of the record business – including the most tumultuous decade in its history. It defies much of the accepted wisdom and reveals the latest thinking on the evolution and future of the record company through conversations with some of the sector’s top executives.
Sample other members-only reports here
Interested? Contact us
Read more College/University Membership Brochure