Geoff Huckstep - Chief Executive, Nottingham Arena & National Ice Centre
Geoff joined the Nottingham Arena & National Ice Centre in October 2001, following a successful career at the London Irish and London Wasps – two of the country’s top professional rugby teams. Prior to these appointments, he was CEO at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre, a post he held for eight years.
Previous management experience includes entertainment complexes, hotels, ice rinks, leisure centres and swimming pools.
His exploitation of commercial opportunities and a strict hands-on management approach at the Nottingham Arena has achieved outstanding results in all areas of the business, incl:
· Transformation from a £1m operating deficit to a break-even position;
· Positioning Nottingham Arena into the premier league of UK arenas;
· Delivering five years of consecutive growth in events incl. a 39% increase in ticket sales in 2005/6;
· Achieving in excess of £750’000 sponsorship support from key partners;
· Increasing revenue by 23% year-on-year;
· Hosting major international stars (Bob Dylan, Oasis, 50 Cent, James Blunt, Jack Johnson and Snoop Dog, as well as up-and-coming Kelly Clarkson, Franz Ferdinand and Kasabian
Nottingham’s elevation to the upper echelons of arena venues in the UK was instrumental in Geoff’s election to Chair the National Arenas Association (NAA), February 2006.
He has a masters degree in Strategic Leisure Management, Brunel University.
Subscribe to the MusicTank newsletter by entering your details below:
Thank you for signing up to the MusicTank newsletter!