Terms and Conditions
Free Level Industry Report Archive T&Cs:
In order to access all free content available on the MusicTank website we simply ask for your email address on specific sections of our site (e.g. Industry Insights) so we can monitor the popularity of free content. You are only required to do this once. You should then find for all other reports you wish to read and download you will have free access to all of this selective content.
If your cookies are deleted on your device you may find that you are asked to re-enter this information when you visit our site. This is solely because we’re unable to know, once cookies are deleted, that your device has visited us before and entered the accurate information. However, this will not result in duplicate contact from us – including if you are already a free newsletter subscriber.
Please note: you can unsubscribe from our mailings at any time. We are very conscious of spam and we can assure you the maximum emails you will receive from us in any one month will not exceed 4. On average it’s 2. We are a non-profit, neutral think tank – our mailings simply include industry updates.
Please also note that the file you wish to download will also be available from the direct website (link provided on source page). This low subscription level, by entering your email address, gives you access to our entire free level industry archive – Industry Insights, free MusicTank reports & Future Thinking Papers.
Your data is NEVER passed on by us to a third parties. These T&Cs can also be found on every free-level report access page by hovering over the T&Cs text.
Thank you for your support.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Booking Policy & Payment Terms
- All events must be pre-booked and paid for in advance of the event/ course. MusicTank/ University of Westminster does not accept payment on the door, on the day/ evening of the event/ course, in any form whatsoever.
- Tickets MusicTank/ University of Westminster does not issue tickets. Delegates names will be held at the event registration desk. Bookers are advised to bring along their email confirmation as proof of their booking.
- Event Cancellation Should a MusicTank event be cancelled or postponed, delegates will be offered a full refund or a place for the revised date if such can be made. MusicTank doesn’t guarantee to offer an alternative date but will use all reasonable endeavour to do-so. Refunds will be made by the method payment was received. Online payments will be refunded within 5 working day. Invoices that at time of cancellation remain unpaid will be cancelled, those that have been paid will be refunded in full within 30 working days.
- Secure Online Payment MusicTank is a project wholly owned and managed by the University of Westminster. The University uses PayPal as its online banking merchant. All online payments are subject to 1024-bit encryption; the MusicTank website has a current, valid SSL certificate. For security reasons, the University does not store any payment information on any of its servers. Unless otherwise indicated, payment can only be made online with a valid credit or debit card. The University does not accept payment by American Express (due to high processing charges). Following successful online payment with a credit/ debit card, event bookers will receive email confirmation of their booking and the amount paid. No other communications are issued. You are advised to bring this email as proof of booking.
- Invoices Due to the cost of pursuing late payment of invoices, as of May 2009, MusicTank/University of Westminster only offers payment by invoice as an option for events or reports costing more than £100. When payment by invoice is an option, invoices for MusicTank events and courses will be issued by the University of Westminster, following registration. If settling an invoice by cheque, please make it payable to University of Westminster. Please DO NOT make it payable to MusicTank. Invoices must be settled by the day of the event/ course – please consider this when selecting your payment method at the time of booking! In any event, payment by invoice ceases to be an option if making a booking 7 working days or fewer, prior to an event, in which case, online payment using a credit/ debit card will be the only payment option available.
- VAT VAT is not charged for seminar-style events, (typically evening think tanks). Events such as conferences that do attract VAT will have the VAT element of the ticket price clearly displayed in the online booking form. VAT receipts will be issued following receipt of payment. As of Tues 4th January 2011, VAT increased to 20%.
- Cancellation Non-attendance without prior cancellation, (see above), will not result in exemption from payment of the full cost of event or course. Transfers or postponement may be considered, where appropriate, and is at the discretion of MusicTank.
- Delegate cancellations received at least 10 working days prior to the event or course will receive a refund, which will be subject to a £10 administration fee.
- Cancellations received between 7 and 10 working days prior to the event or course will be eligible for a 50% refund.
- Cancellations received less than 7 working days prior to the event or course are not eligible for a refund.
Site Terms & Conditions
- Information purposes only This website provides information of a general nature. This website should not be relied upon without making other enquiries appropriate to the circumstances. MusicTank does not accept any liability for your use of or interpretation of the information contained on this website. MusicTank shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on the website is accurate and up-to-date. MusicTank may make improvements or changes in the information, services, products and other materials on this website, or terminate this website, at any time without notice.
- Your username and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else;
- You do not maliciously create additional usernames for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user by adopting a similar username;
- You comply with these terms and conditions;
- If, for any reason, MusicTank believes you have not complied with these requirements we may, at our discretion, cancel your registration immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
- Use of material appearing on MusicTank For the purposes of this agreement, “material” means written text, graphics, logos, diagrams and audio mp3 published on the MusicTank website, whether copyright MusicTank/University of Westminster or a third party. You may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any MusicTank content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on the MusicTank website. You may not reproduce any part of the MusicTank website, or transmit it to, or store it in, any other website without a prior agreement in writing from the MusicTank editorial staff, who can be contacted by email at info(A)musictank.co.uk.
- Limitation of Liability To the maximum extent permitted by law, MusicTank disclaims all express and implied warranties with regard to the information, services and materials contained on this website. You must not rely on any statement we have published on the MusicTank website without first taking specialist professional advice. For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any damages arising as a result of your use of this website, or any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing or reading the material or any part of it. We give no warranties of any kind concerning the MusicTank website or the material published on it. We do not warrant that functions contained at this website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. We do not warrant that the MusicTank website or any of its contents is virus free (although we endeavour to ensure that this is so). You must take your own precautions in this respect, as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything that has destructive properties.
- Links to other websites This website contains links to other websites which are independent of MusicTank and are maintained by third parties. MusicTank is not responsible for the content of any third-party websites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the contents of such websites. Any links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this website, and do not imply MusicTank’s endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website.
- Jurisdictional issues This website is controlled and operated by MusicTank from its offices in London, United Kingdom. MusicTank makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Variations These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted.
By submitting content to the MusicTank website you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions:
- Your Copyright Any content submitted to the MusicTank site remains the intellectual property of the author or copyright holder (which means that you can re-publish your content or adaptations of your content elsewhere). However, by submitting content to the MusicTank website you grant permission for MusicTank to publish your content on the MusicTank website and to modify, adapt, edit, reproduce and create derivative works based on your content (for example, to publish an excerpt in MusicTank email newsletters), without payment to the author or copyright holder, in perpetuity. (See disclaimer below.)
- Libel To the maximum extent permitted at law, MusicTank holds the author or copyright holder responsible for any defamatory or libellous remarks made in the content they submit (see disclaimer below). Libel means to defame, or take away a good name. Libel can be proven even when the plaintiff is referred to indirectly. The tests of defamation include: hatred, ridicule or contempt; causing the subject to be shunned or avoided; ‘lowering a person in the estimation of right-minded people’; and – most relevant here – implying a lack of qualification, knowledge, skill, capacity, judgement or efficiency to conduct business. Malicious falsehood means the publication of a false statement that damages a person. In criminal defamatory libel one publication could be the subject of both civil and criminal proceedings and the defamer could be made to pay damages.
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to MusicTank for publication on the MusicTank website and other purposes outlined above; and
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- you indemnify MusicTank/ University of Westminster against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by MusicTank/ University of Westminster as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
- Removal of content MusicTank has the right to remove content from the MusicTank website at any time without advance notice or explanation. MusicTank is not legally bound to remove content (that is published on the MusicTank website) at the request of the author or copyright holder. However, it is our policy to do so; if you would like your content to be removed from the MusicTank website, please contact us, with a note explaining the reasons for your request.
Subscribe to the MusicTank newsletter by entering your details below:
Thank you for signing up to the MusicTank newsletter!